Structures Art Exhibit
The theme for the Visual Arts Club January 2021 exhibit is “Structure.” As with most themes, there are many possible ways to interpret this one and we hope you are inspired.
If you are a 2021 VAC member and interested in exhibiting your original artwork, please read the summary of changes to the submission and intake process below. Note: For those of you who participated in the October exhibit, the process will be the same.
VAC has revised the exhibit intake process, due to the pandemic and to simplify the registration procedure:
- Registration forms (one form for each piece entered in the exhibit) are to be completed online and submitted in advance of the intake date. The deadline for submission of the registration form is January 11.
- The combination digital registration form and liability form is on the VAC website, along with instructions for completion.
You may click this link to go directly to the form on the website: VAC registration and liability form
- Art intake will be on Saturday, January 16 from 9:00-10:30 AM
- For this exhibit, there will not be an opening reception. Artists will not be asked to donate wine.
- After the opening date, Dataw residents and guests will be able to view the art at their leisure. They may vote for the People’s Choice Award during the specified time frame: January 18 through January 30.
(As in the past, an off-island juror will determine first, second, and third place awards in art and photography categories.)
- Please read carefully the registration information (forms and guidelines) on the VAC website
Dates to remember:
January 11 – Final date for registration
January 16 – Art intake at the CC, 9:00-10:30 AM
January 18 – Exhibit opening date
January 30 – Final date for People’s Choice votes
Any questions, contact Bill Tremitiere at 843-838-4761 or Anne Clements at 843-838-3450
Check out the VAC website for the latest calendar of events, photo galleries and much more at datawvisualartsclub.com.